Be a Firestarter
What is a Firestarter Talk?
It is a short presentation using FOUR slides that are presented in FOUR minutes.
The purpose is to excite the participants and get the conversation going. For the Data:Postluck we are looking for people and organizations with interesting and useful data sets to highlight their data and how it might be put to use.
- Slide 1: What is the problem/challenge
- Slide 2: What are you doing to deal with the problem/challenge
- Slide 3: What don’t you know / What did you discover / What do you need help with (you can cover any or all of these aspects)
- Slide 4: Why did you take on this challenge (We have found so many entrepreneurs who are driven to address a health care problem by events that have impacted themselves, friends or family)
- Slide 1: What is your data set?
- Slide 2: What problem were you addressing when you created the data set
- Slide 3: How would you like to see your data set used or enhanced?
- Slide 4: What feedback would you like to receive about the data set?
- Title of the presentation
- Presenter’s Name and Organization
- Contact information (eg. email address)
- URL to slides (if posted on line eg. on Slideshare)
When do Firestorm talks take place?
What can you put on the slides?
Do the slides have to be fancy or complex?
What formats can you use for your presentation:
When must slides be delivered?
- You may email your slides to email@example.com to arrive BEFORE the day of the event.
- You may bring a thumb-drive with your presentation but please arrive early (Before 8:15am) so that your presentation can be loaded before the event starts.
Who can give a Firestarter Talk?
Firestarter talks are a feature that enables the innovative sponsors who are supporting HealthCa.mp to talk about the exciting innovations they are involved in. Priority will be given to sponsors for the available slots. If there are still slots available patient advocates and other participants may put forward a 4×4 talk.We are keeping the Firestorm talks to 1 ONE HOUR time slot.
Submissions for available Firestarter talk slots are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis after our sponsors have had offer of first refusal for a slot.